THE IMPACT OF OFFSHORE OIL PRODUCTION ON SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
The study is concerned only with identifying and measuring where possible the impact of oil activity directly or indirectly on Santa Barbara County revenues and expenditures. The authors seek to identify the net gain or loss to County government due to offshore oil production. The first section discusses incomes such as wages and expenditures accruing in SBC. Then tax receipts and governmental expenditures are compared. The interrelationship of oil and other SBC economic sectors is the next question addressed followed by consideration of environmental changes due to oil production and spills.
- Report on Sea Grant Program.
University of California, San DiegoSchool of Global Policy and Strategy
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA United States 92093
- Wilcox, S M
- Mead, W J
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic structural analysis; Economic analysis; Finance; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Oil exploration; Oil well drilling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054263
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: NOAA-2-35208
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM