ELECTROHYDRAULIC GAS SAMPLING VALVE WITH APPLICATION TO HYDROCARBON EMISSIONS STUDIES
Design and development of an electrohydraulically actuated gas sampling valve is presented for use in auto engine combustion studies. The gas sampling valve is coupled to a gas chromatograph to measure concentrations of major species components. Initial studies have focussed upon determining species profiles near the wall at specific times after flame arrival at one sampling location in the engine cylinder. The results indicate that the contribution of wall quench layer hydrocarbons to the engine exhaust is substantially smaller than previously estimated.
- From the SAE Meeting held February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- LoRusso, J A
- Lavoie, G A
- KAISER, E W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Applications; Combustion; Exhaust gases; Hydrocarbons; Measurement; Valves; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Electrohydraulic gas sampling valves; Valves and valve gear
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00322891
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800045
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM