DEVELOPMENT OF A FLAT SURFACE TIRE TESTING MACHINE
A low speed continuous belt, flat surface tire testing machine has been developed to perform force and moment tests on automotive and light truck tires. The design and development of the machine are presented including discussion of machine geometry, belt tracking, belt support bearing, machine controls and the multi-axis load transducer. The specifications and capacities for the machine are also presented.
- From the SAE Meeting held February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Langer, W J
- Potts, G R
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Performance tests; Testing; Testing equipment; Tires
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00322889
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800245
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM