APPLICATION OF PROPAGATION DATA TO VHF SATELLITE COMMUNICATION AND NAVIGATION SYSTEMS
Introduction to VHF satellite navigation and communications systems; Ionospheric limitations on performance on VHF navigation and communication satellite systems; The formation of ionospheric irregularities; Amplitude, phase and angle of arrival fluctuations; Low angle fluctuation; World wide morphology of scintillations; Measurement of total electron content; Effects of horizontal gradients and further considerations of total electron content measurements; World wide morphology of total electron content; Ionospheric multipath; Guided propagation of radio waves in the ionosphere; Experimental results.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Publication Date: 1970-11
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigational satellites; Radio wave propagation; Satellite communication; Satellite navigation systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00015377
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1973 12:00AM