DESIGN CRITERIA FOR AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS USING THE ALUMINUM IMPACT PROCESS
This paper covers basic design principles and alloy recommendations for aluminum impacts. The three types of impacting are explained and advantages and limitations of impacts covered.
- From the SAE Meeting February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Wright, C H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Aluminum; Aluminum alloys; Applications; Automobile industry; Automobiles; Building materials; Cold working; Design; Forming; Metal working; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Hardware
- Old TRIS Terms: Aluminum impact process; Metal forming
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I34: Steels and Metals; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00322888
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800233
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM