COORDINATE DIMMING OF ELECTRONIC DISPLAYS
Coordinate dimming is a digital method of controlling the brightness of an electronic display. It provides a significantly greater number of brightness steps than other digital dimming methods, and is especially useful for implementing non-linear dimming patterns.
- Also published in HS-028 950 (SAE-SP-457), "Automotive Electronic Instrumentation; Displays and Sensors," Warrendale, Pennsylvania, 1980 p 25-30. Presented at SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Knight, E M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brightness; Digital computers; Electronic equipment; Information display systems; Measuring instruments
- Uncontrolled Terms: Digital techniques
- Old TRIS Terms: Coordinate dimming; Dimming; Display devices; Displays; Electronic devices
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00322886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800241, HS-028 955
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1985 12:00AM