WALL CERAMICS AS MONOLITHIC CATALYST SUPPORTS
New geometries for monolithic catalyst supports are described where the number of square cells per square inch is increased and the cell wall thicknesses are descreased. Catalytic cycle efficiencies are improved due to an increase in the geometric surface area and reduction in thermal inertia. Physical properties are discussed and the effect of the new structures on thermal shock resistance, melting, pressure drop, strength, coatability and catalytic activity are described.
- From the SAE Meeting held February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Howitt, J S
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Catalysts; Catalytic converters; Ceramic materials; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Melting; Monolithic catalysts; Physical properties; Shock resistance; Strength of materials; Testing; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Ceramic products; Monolithic catalyst supports
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00322870
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800082
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM