SPEECH SYNTHESIS -- TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATIONS
Advancements in speech synthesizing techniques combined with the increasing level of semiconductor integration has made possible new and novel applications for digital speech synthesis. One of these applications is in an automotive vehicle. A voice synthesizer designed into a vehicle's instrumentation system can provide the driver with verbal information on the vehicle's operation for improved safety and performance.
- Also published in HS-028 950 (SAE-SP-457), "Automotive Electronic Instrumentation; Displays and Sensors," Warrendale, Pennsylvania, 1980 p 9-12. Presented at SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kovener, R W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Motor vehicles; Semiconductors; Speech; Speech synthesis; Syntheses; Synthesis (Chemistry); Vehicle performance; Vehicle safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00322864
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800236, HS-028 952
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1985 12:00AM