DIRECT INJECTED METHANOL FUELING OF TWO-STROKE LOCOMOTIVE ENGINE
One cylinder of a two-stroke cycle locomotive engine was converted to operate with methyl alcohol (methanol) as primary fuel and pilot injection of diesel fuel for ignition. Two fueling schemes, featuring injection of methanol and pilot fuel at different locations in the cylinder, were evaluated.
- For Meeting held February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Wood, C D
- Storment, J O
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Alternate fuels; Combustion; Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Diesel locomotives; Energy resources; Fuel injection; Fuels; Methanol; Two stroke cycle engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion processes; Fuel sources; Two cycle diesel engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00322829
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800328
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM