DESIGN AND VALIDATION OF VARIABLE RATE PNEUMATIC SPRINGS
This paper provides information on theory and design methods used to tailor pneumatic spring rate and natural frequency. Equations utilized in the design procedure are presented, and the interaction of the important variables is discussed. The vital role of laboratory testing and validation is emphasized. Although the paper is restricted to pneumatic spring design, peripheral equipment such as leveling valves and auxiliary reservoirs are addressed.
- For Meeting held February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Burkley, T E
- Myers, P F
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air springs; Automobiles; Design; Laboratory tests; Motor vehicles; Pneumatic equipment; Pneumatics; Spring; Springs (Vehicles); Stability (Mechanics); Suspension systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Pneumatic systems; Suspension (Stability)
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00322823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800483
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM