TRANSPORTATION AND ENERGY
This publication which focuses on federal energy programs and community energy initiatives, pays particular attention, in this issue, to the transportation aspects of energy consumption. The President's (Carter's) program for energy efficiency is presented and difficult choices concerning the future of the automobile are discussed. The DOT Secretary's (Goldschmidt) view of the challenges of the 1980's are presented, as well as articles on automobile fuel conservation, gasoline rationing, and electric vehicles. Public transit aspects are also discussed including trolley transport and ridesharing. Creative alternatives such as bicycles, the human motor and solar-powered vehicles are examined. Future fuels such as alcohols are also discussed.
Department of EnergyOffice of Consumer Affairs
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 47 p.
- Energy Consumer
- Publisher: Department of Energy
- TRT Terms: Alkali; Automobiles; Bicycles; Electric vehicles; Energy conservation; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Gasoline; Human beings; Public transit; Rationing; Ridesharing; Solar energy; Trolleybuses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Alkali salts
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00322700
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1982 12:00AM