AMPHIBIOUS SURFACE EFFECT VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY--PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
The technology of amphibious air cushion vehicles has reached a state of development where the discussion of all the technical aspects would be beyond the scope of a paper such as this. The detailed technology to be presented in the other papers of this session is evidence of this fact. The unique technology of the air cushion vehicle is the cushion system. While many other design features are equally important, they are not as clearly unique as the cushion system. For example, the structural design problems have some similarity to other high-speed marine craft experience and the propulsion systems can rely on the technology developed for aircraft or high-speed marine systems.
- Presented at the Advanced Marine Vehicles Conference, jointly sponsored by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, with the active cooperation and support of the United States Navy, San Diego, Calif., Feb. 25-28, 1974.
AIAA/SNAME Advanced Marine Vehicles Conference1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY United States 10019
- Chaplin, J B
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; State of the art; Surface effect ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion technology
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper #74-318
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM