INTERACTION BETWEEN TUNNEL OPENINGS DUE TO VIBRATION EFFECTS
A major field of interaction effects in the case of openings used as underground railway tunnels covers the dynamic effects due to vibration caused by moving trains in tunnels. The dynamic loads may be caused by high speeds or high loads but low speeds. The main reasons for such high dynamic loads are the irregularities or nonuniformities in the track, the effects of bad joints, the propagation of track error due to bad rails and the wavy surface created by corrugated rail profile. These dynamic loads may induce vibrations either in vertical mode or in rocking mode. This paper presents the results of the steady state dynamic analysis of tunnels due to moving trains. The analysis is limited to vertical vibrations.
- Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Proceedings of the International Conference, 3rd, Vol. 2, Aachen, Germany, April 2-6, 1979.
AA BalkemaP.O. Box 1675
Rotterdam, Netherlands BR-3000
- Valliappan, S
- Chandrasekaran, V
- LEE, I K
- Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Proceedings of the International Conference, 3rd.
- Location: Aachen , Germany
- Date: 1979-4-2 to 1979-4-6
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: p. 685-696
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Geological events; High speed rail; Structural design; Train track dynamics; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design; Vertical dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Geological conditions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00322575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM