"CARLOC" OR "HOW DO CN CUSTOMERS ACQUIRE AN ONLINE (REAL TIME) CAR TRACING SYSTEM"?
The CARLOC dial-in system deals with the tracing of railroad cars, piggyback trailers and containers on a real-time basis. This system is designed for customer utilization regardless of his location, providing he has access to a Telex, TWX or Dataphone. Utilization of the system is very simple and it provides a variety of reports regarding the various phases of activity of each unit.
- CR/Proceedings, Conference 1979-Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS); Data Processing Management Association of Canada (DPMA Canada); Federation de l'Inf du Que (FIQ), Montreal, Quebec, June 25-28, 1979.
Canadian Information Processing Society243 College Street, West, 5th Floor
Toronto, ONo M5H 1KS, Canada
- POZNIAK, A R
- Boule, J A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: p. 184-187
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Car location (Railroads); Car tracing (Railroads); Information systems; Telecommunications; Traffic managers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Car tracing
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00322574
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM