BOEING "JETFOIL" MODEL 929-100
The Boeing JETFOIL is the world's most advanced commercial hydrofoil. With fully submerged foils, automatic stabilization, and waterjet propulsion, it will cruise at 45 knots in heavy seas with a ride unmatched by any other high-speed marine vehicle. In production in Renton, Wash., the first JETFOIL will be launched in the spring and undergo extensive tests and service simulations in the Puget Sound/Pacific Ocean areas. Scheduled commercial passenger services should commence in October 1974 in Hawaii and in Hong Kong. Important technical features are discussed and construction progress shown.
- Presented at the Advanced Marine Vehicles Conference, jointly sponsored by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, with the active cooperation and support of the United States Navy, San Diego, Calif., Feb. 25-28, 1974.
AIAA/SNAME Advanced Marine Vehicles Conference1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY USA 10019
- Shultz, W W
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrofoil boats; Marine transit; Performance; Soil stabilization; Waterjet propelled craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Hydrofoil performance; Stabilization systems; Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper #74-308
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1978 12:00AM