A SURVEY OF UNIQUE TECHNICAL FEATURES OF THE FLOATING NUCLEAR POWER PLANT CONCEPT
The manufacture, installation, operation, and decommissioning of floating nuclear power plants at offshore sites is examined with respect to the major technical differences between such plants and land-based nuclear power plants. Anticipated environmental effects of activities associated with offshore nuclear plants are discussed. Possible accidents, both inplant and during the transport of radioactive materials to and from an offshore plant, are described and an initial estimate of their relative significance presented.
Atomic Energy CommissionDirectorate of Licensing
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear fuels; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Offshore platforms; Offshore power plants; Radiation doses; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Radioactive waste disposal; Safety; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Floating platforms; Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00054227
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Atomic Energy Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM