ELECTRONIC CONTROL OF DIESEL PASSENGER CARS
Application of electronic control to diesel passenger cars has reached an advanced development state. The introduction of electronics requires the availability of sensors to determine the operating conditions of the engine and the design of electrically operated actuators to control the injection equipment. An improved control strategy is possible, and it offers advantages for car performance, driveability and emission control by adding new functions and closed loop control.
- From the SAE Meeting held February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- EISELE, H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Applications; Automobiles; Control; Diesel engines; Electronic control; Electronic equipment; Feedback control; Fuel injection; Loops (Control systems); Sensors; Vehicle performance; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Diesil engines; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00322311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800167
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM