STANDARD DOCUMENTATION FOR UNITED STATES DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND TRANSPORT
The Department of Transportation (DOT) and the National Committee on International Trade Documentation (NCITD) have developed a format to meet the needs for trade and transportation documentation. This document known as the U.S. Standard Master for International Trade has been in existence for three years. DOT and NCITD have participated in various conferences with industry and Government agencies describing and encouraging the format's use at the earliest possible time by all segments of Government and the private sector for all modes of transportation. The purpose of this brochure is to provide current information about the U.S. documentation system and to explain how expansion of the system into additional areas will further benefit the transportation community.
Office of Safety and Consumer AffairsDepartment of Transportation
Washington, DC United States 20590
National Committee on International Trade Document30 East 42nd Street, Suite 1406
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Documents; Freight documents; Intermodal transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Documentation simplification; Intermodal documentation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of Safety and Consumer Affairs
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM