A WAVE BUOY ACCELEROMETER UNIT
The report describes an accelerometer unit developed specifically for use in either tethered or free floating buoys, for the measurement of wave displacement spectra. This instrument has been used successfully in a free floating buoy for several years to gather wave data during far offshore deep water ship trials. Comparative wave displacement-frequency spectra obtained simultaneously with the instrument and a step type wave staff, are included.
- Appeared in DME/NAE Quarterly Bulletin No. 1973 (3).
National Research Council of CanadaDivision of Mechanical Engineering, Montreal Road
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0R6, Canada
- Bowler, E H
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Buoys; Electromagnetic spectrum; Hydrodynamics; Measurement; Technology; Wave height; Wave measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Buoy hydrodynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Research Council of Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM