Current Engine Noise and Reduction Technology
This article reviews current turbofan engine noise and engine noise reduction technology, specifically focusing on the engine technology of larger passenger jetliners which have entered into service within the last ten (10) years. Important factors in turbofan engine design from a community noise perspective and the sources of noise along with their relative importance are also presented. A review of different engine noise reduction technologies is presented, as well as an estimate of the technology’s readiness level. Finally, potential trade-offs, challenges, and future technology directions are outlined.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/18695582
- Copyright © 2019, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
- Nesbitt, Eric
- Publication Date: 2019-3
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 93-100
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Jet engines; Noise; Noise control; Turbofan engines
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01707113
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 16 2019 3:04PM