IS IT TIME FOR A CHANGE?
Eighteen papers are presented in this symposium dealing with the state of the art of cargo and transporter liability insurance. The advent of containerization, lash barges, fast ships and other rapid change has placed a heavy burden on older concepts to live up to the pace created by modern technology. The attendees heard and discussed 12 papers dealing with proposed changes in current law dealing with liability for cargo damage and loss. The proposals now before the United Nations for changes were discussed. No summary or conclusions were reached.
- Proceedings of a Symposium on Cargo Insurance and Transporter's Liability, Sept. 18-19, 1973.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo insurance; Freight documents; Insurance rates; Liability insurance
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00054175
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM