THE DEVELOPMENT OF AIR CUSHION RESTRAINT SYSTEMS FOR SMALL CAR FRONT SEAT OCCUPANTS
This paper presents progress, to date, on development and evaluation of three front seat airbag restraint systems for small cars. The subject vehicles were a Chevrolet Chevette, for which a passenger restraint system was developed, and a Dodge Omni, for which both driver and passenger systems were developed. The systems were primarily evolved during a series of sled tests and evaluated in vehicle barrier impacts.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Zinke, D T
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Compact automobiles; Crash tests; Front seats; Restraint systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger restraints; Small car
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319760
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800294, HS-029 906
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01809
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1984 12:00AM