DEVELOPMENT OF A PRELOADED, FORCE-LIMITED PASSIVE BELT SYSTEM FOR SMALL CARS
Development of a producible preloaded, force-limited passive belt restraint system for small cars has been completed at Calspan Corporation. The restraint system has been developed and evaluated through computer simulations and sled tests. This paper presents and discusses the results of the developmental program at velocity changes of 34, 40 and 45 MPH during symmetric frontal barrier crash tests and computer simulations with regard to the effect upon 50th, 95th, 5th percentile and 6 year old sized anthropometric test devices (ATDs).
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 25-29 February 1980. Sponsored by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- WALSH, M J
- Kelleher, B J
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- SAE Technical Paper Series
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- ISSN: 0148-7191
- TRT Terms: Compact automobiles; Dummies; Impact tests; Manual safety belts; Passive restraint systems; Simulation; Sled tests; Velocity
- Old TRIS Terms: Small car
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319758
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800300, HS-029 188
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1984 12:00AM