VAN FRAME STRUCTURAL EVALUATION
This paper describes the structural evaluation of a van production chassis frame, a light weight frame design and four other modified production frames. Static structural properties were determined by a combination of laboratory joint stiffness measurements and a finite element model incorporating empirical stiffness values. The finite element analysis results are compared to laboratory frame bending and torsion measurements.
- From International Conference on Vehicle Structural Mechanics, 3rd Proceedings, October 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hull, F H
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: p. 169-176
- TRT Terms: Bending; Chassis; Finite element method; Frames; Mathematical models; Stiffness; Structural design; Torsion; Vans; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Finite elements
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319742
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790988
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1981 12:00AM