AN OPTIMIZATION CAPABILITY FOR AUTOMOTIVE STRUCTURES
Mathematical structural optimization methods have been proposed as one way to design lightweight vehicles. This paper describes the development and application of these methods to automotive structures. The major emphasis is on beam representations of the entire structure for preliminary design, although subassemblies of beams and plates for more detailed analysis can also be handled.
- Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Vehicle Structural Mechanics, October 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Bennett, J A
- Nelson, M F
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: p. 1-9
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Design; Lightweight materials; Mathematical analysis; Optimization; Structural design; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Optimum design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319731
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790972 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM