HOW TO REDUCE THE COSTS OF PRODUCTION OF ROLLING STOCK?
JAK OBNIZYC KOSZTY PRODUKCJI TABORU KOLEJOWEGO?
The criteria governing the use of aluminum alloys in the construction of transport vehicles are cited. It is shown how the costs of production of rolling stock can be reduced by the introduction of a technology for the extrusion of large-size components made of aluminum alloys. Design solutions and production processes for certain types of railcars made of aluminum alloys are reviewed.
Wydawnictwa Czasopism Technicznych NOTCzackiego 3/5
- Baranszky-Job, I
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 5-8
- Przeglad Mechaniczny
- Volume: 38
- Issue Number: 23
- Publisher: Wydawnictwa Czasopism Technicznych NOT
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Aluminum; Aluminum alloys; Carbuilders; Design; Extrusion; Light vehicles; Lightweight materials; Rolling stock; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Light weight
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319680
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM