MODIFICATION OF THE PATANKAR-SPALDING TWO DIMENSIONAL BOUNDARY LAYER CALCULATION PROCEDURE FOR THREE-DIMENSIONAL WINDWARD STREAMLINE PLANE
An exact solution of the three-dimensional, turbulent, boundary layer equations in the symmetry plane on a body of revolution inclined with respect to the mean flow would be a valuable tool to researchers studying three-dimensional boundary layers. The present note reports such a solution technique which is based on a modification of the two-dimensional code developed by Patankar-Spalding. The two-dimensional code is used internationally by many researchers. The modification of the Patankar-Spalding Code is particularly attractive for the three-dimensional calculations since it is so widely used and understood by the research community and since it is shown to be easily modified for the three-dimensional symmetry plane calculation.
Office of Naval Research London (England),
- Dyer, D F
- Publication Date: 1973-9-17
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Boundary layer; Flow; Three dimensional flow; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer
- Old TRIS Terms: Axially symmetric flow
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054101
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ONRL-R-20-73
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM