TESTS AND MATERIALS FOR SCHOOL BUS RETROFIT APPLICATIONS
The paper reports on a study of methods and materials that might be used to retrofit protective materials for older model school bus seats, modesty panels, and stanchions. Laboratory tests were conducted on these bus components, under conditions with and without commercial retrofit materials, using the head and knee forms. Additional tests were conducted on five potential materials that might be used in retrofit situations.
- Proceedings from the 23rd Stapp Car Crash Conference held in San Diego, California, October 17-19, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Zimmerman, R M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 465-495
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Buses; Head; Retrofitting; Safety equipment; School buses; Seats; Testing; Traffic crashes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00317029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: P-82
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM