PORT HANDLING AND MARINE TRANSPORT OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Basic problems in handling hazardous materials have been under investigation for ten years by the National Academy of Sciences - National Research Council Committee on Hazardous Materials, on behalf of the United States Coast Guard, Department of Transportation. The background of the Committee, the criteria used in selection of members, and the identification of the areas to be considered will be discussed. The international as well as national implications of the work of the Committee will be noted with particular reference to an international conference on the transport of hazardous cargoes by sea and inland waterways scheduled for New Orleans, Louisiana on April 13-17, 1975.
- Presented at the SNAME Spring Meeting, Chicago, Ill., May 22-24, 1974.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Fawcett, H H
- Beckmann, R B
- KATZ, D L
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Fires; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Information systems; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Fire hazard classification; Hazardous chemicals classification; Hazardous materials information system; Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00054088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM