SEABORNE COAL TRADE DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS AND BULK CARRIER EMPLOYMENT
Essentially updating an earlier CSR/CD study, this survey reviews historical developments in seaborne coal trade, transportation and handling, analysing perceptible trends in the volume, pattern and composition of the trade, the types and sizes of bulk vessel employed, the capacity and characteristics of coal ports/terminals, etc. The significance of future developments anticipated within these areas in the period to 1990 identified and evaluated, particular attention being paid to the enhanced employment prospects for bulk carriers--both quantitatively and qualitatively--and steam coal trade growth prospects over the period of study.
- From Bulk Trade, Transportation and Handling Surveys 1980/81.
Cargo Systems Publications LimitedMcMillan House, 54 Cheam Common Road
Worchester Park, Surrey KT4 8RJ, England
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Bulk carriers; Coal; Coal terminals; Freight traffic; Port capacity; Surveys; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Survey reports; Trade development
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00324724
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM