IMPROVED DESIGN OF TUNNEL SUPPORTS. VOLUME 1--VOLUME 5
This compendium is composed of five volumes. Volume 1--Analysis for Ground-Structure Interaction in Tunneling--is designed to provide the tunneling profession with improved practical tools in the technical or design area, which provide more accurate representations of the ground-structure interaction in tunneling. Volume 2--Aspects of Yielding in Ground-Structure Interaction--focuses on a particularly and often misunderstood aspect of ground-structure interaction which is ground yielding and loosening, and reports new findings in this area. Volume 3--Finite Element Analysis of the Peachtree Center Station in Atlanta-contains the application of the three-dimensional finite element program, AUtomatic Dynamic Incremental Nonlinear Analysis, which was designed to replace the traditional two-dimensional plane strain analysis, to a specific location. Volume 4--Tunneling Practices in Austria and Germany--documents and evaluates extensive information gathered on tunnel contruction practices in Austria and Germany, identifies differences compared to U.S. practices, and describes new developments. The primary objective of Volume 5 (Empirical Methods in Rock Tunneling--Review and Recommendations) is to provide the tunneling professional with a review of empirical methods and to present some quidelines on what empirical methods are best suited for observational (adaptable) tunneling procedures.
- Volume I thru Volume 5 as PB80-225154, PB80-225162, PB80-225170, PB80-225188 and PB80-225196, respectively.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Schwartz, C W
- Einstein, H H
- Azzouz, A S
- STEINER, W
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Finite element method; Guidelines; Nonlinear systems; Rocks; Strain (Mechanics); Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Tunnel supports; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Nonlinearity; Plane strain; Structural behavior; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock tunneling
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00324396
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1489
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM