TECHNIQUE FOR PREDICTION OF WAVE-INDUCED MOTIONS AND LOADS ON OFFSHORE STRUCTURES WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO NORTH SEA CONDITIONS
A short survey of methods for predicting the response in regular waves of different types of ships and offshore structures is presented. Methods to predict short and long term response in irregular shortcrested seas as well as some resulting motions and loads for single hull ships and catamarans are discussed.
- Presented at the First International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering Under Arctic Conditions, August 23-27, 1971.
Port and Ocean Engineering Under Arctic Cond ConfTechnical University of Norway
- Nordenstrom, N
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Force; Offshore structures; Ship motion; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Galveston
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM