ON THE PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF A PROPELLER IN AN OBLIQUE FLOW
Applying the unsteady lifting surface theory developed in the previous paper (Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of West Japan No. 28, 1964), the authors deduce the method to calculate hydrodynamically the performance characteristics of propellers in oblique flows. Using this method for a given four-bladed propeller in oblique flows, they calculate the circulations around the blades, the mean relative velocities of inflow streaming along the blade sections, the section lift coefficients and the forces and moments acting on the propeller itself.
West Japan Society of Naval ArchitectsKyushu University, Hakozaki C-10-1, Higashi-ku
- Yamazaki, R
- Ueda, K
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic lift; Flow; Force; Performance; Propellers; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flow velocity
- Old TRIS Terms: Lifting surface theory; Propeller characteristics; Propeller forces; Propeller performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323732
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM