EXPERIMENT WITH A NEW ADAPTIVE AUTOPILOT INTENDED FOR CONTROLLED TURNS AS WELL AS FOR STRAIGHT COURSE STEERING
A new autopilot has been developed by Aero-Telaw ATEW AB with the object of being usable during all parts of a voyage, that is also at low speeds and for controlled turns. The pilot has automatic parameter adaption to speed, water depth and weather conditions and can be programmed to perform turns at constant preselected rates or radii. In addition drift angles due to wind and current are compensated. The paper describes the system in some detail and presents results of practical tests.
- Presented at the 4th Ship Control Systems Symposium, 1975.
Royal Netherlands Naval CollegeP-de Hoochweg
129 Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Oldenburg, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic pilot; Automatic pilot; Automatic steering control; Maneuvering; Pilotage; Ship pilotage; Steering systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323684
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM