ANALYSIS OF THE ITTC MANEUVERABILITY TESTS FOR THE MARINER TYPE SHIP IN TERMS OF STEERING QUALITY INDICES K AND T
This note relates to the analysis of the I.T.T.C. international cooperative manoeuvrability tests in terms of steering quality indices K and T. These indices are defined on the basis of the first-order system approximation for the analysis of response of a ship to steering, as introduced by Motora and the author at the 9th and 10th I.T.T.C. The author considers that this approach is able to provide some new standpoint for the representation and interpretation of the above test results.
- Presented at the 11th International Towing Tank Conference, 1966.
Society of Naval Architects of Japan15-16, Toranomon, 1-chome, Minato-ku
- Nomoto, K
- Publication Date: 1966
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuvering; Steering; Steering systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Steering response
- Old TRIS Terms: Course keeping qualities; Steering characteristics; Steering dynamics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM