FORCE CALCULATION OF A RECTANGULAR PLATE MOVING AHEAD AND YAWING IN DEEP WATER
This paper deals with the force calculation of a rectangular plate moving ahead and periodical yawing in deep water. And the author presumed the stability derivatives of a ship by this method. To obtain the stability derivatives of a ship, for example, in experimental method there is a forced yawing technique by a model ship. But this technique has both advantages and disadvantages. Especially, in this technique it is difficult to measure the stability derivatives in low frequency range of the motion. Accordingly, in this paper the author calculated theoretically the stability derivatives by using Bollay's method when a rectangular plate was to be the combined motion, and compared with this calculation and S. Motora's experimental result.
West Japan Society of Naval ArchitectsKyushu University, Hakozaki C-10-1, Higashi-ku
- Kijima, K
- Publication Date: 1971-5
- Pagination: n.p.
- Issue Number: 41
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamic pressure; Plates (Engineering); Rectangles; Ship motion; Stability (Mechanics); Yaw; Yaw
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rectangular plates
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic forces; Stability derivatives
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323625
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM