AUTOMATIC CONTROL OF DIRECTIONALLY UNSTABLE SHIPS
Feedback loops are used to stabilize an unstable hull and provide essentially the same dynamics as for an equivalent stable hull. Simulation tests verify calm water behavior and also indicate rudder behavior in presence of waves. Dead zone is used to reduce rudder motions for the stable hull, and is combined with a special design for the unstable hull.
Royal Netherlands Naval CollegeP-de Hoochweg
129 Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Hozos, A
- Thaler, G J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automatic pilot (Aircraft); Rudders
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Course stability; Rudder control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323606
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM