SHIP TYPE MODELLING FOR A TRAINING SIMULATOR
In this paper an exploratory study has been made regarding the software for a manoeuvring training simulator. The requirements for a mathematical model have been summarized. For a typical ship type, a VLCC, a review is given of recent papers and publications. The present state of the art of mathematical modelling has been treated and a new formulation for the differential equations for a bare hull ship has been proposed. The coefficients in this model can be calculated. The accuracy is assumed to be enough for training purposes. This paper ends with some conclusions concerning the establishment of a manoeuvring training simulator in close connection with an engine room simulator. Therefore close cooperation between nautical colleges, shipowners and the pilotage service would be desirable.
- Presented at the 4th Ship Control Systems Symposium, 1975.
Royal Netherlands Naval CollegeP-de Hoochweg
129 Rotterdam, Netherlands
- GLANSDORP, C C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Engine rooms; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Ship simulators; Simulation; Tankers; Training simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine room simulation; Tanker maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00323600
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM