SHIP MANOEUVRING EQUATIONS: THE FORM PREFERRED AT NPL AND SOME COMPARISON OF MEASURED AND CALCULATED MANOEUVRES
A set of manoeuvring equations suitable for ship handling simulation or prediction of steering performance over a wide range of forward speeds is presented. Methods of determining the coefficients in these equations are outlined, and some comparisons of measured and calculated manoeuvres for two ships are given.
- Presented at the 14th International Tank Towing Conference, 1975.
National Research Council of Canada1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0R6
- GILL, A D
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Simulation; Steering systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Steering response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323597
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM