HELMSMAN PERFORMANCE ON SHIPS DURING TURNING MANEUVERS
An experiment was conducted to investigate helmsman steering performance as a function of mariner experience, ship size, turn rate information display, and ship's rate of turn. Various performance measures were used to evaluate performance associated with different levels of variable combinations.
- Proceedings from the Fourth Annual CAORF Symposium, Ship Operations Research for the Maritime Industry...Looking to the '80s, held September 29-30, 1980.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Riek, J R
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuvering; Personnel performance; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Ships by size; Simulation; Steering; Training simulators; Turning traffic
- Old TRIS Terms: Human performance; Steering dynamics; Steering simulators; Turning characteristics
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00323334
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM