POWER PACKAGE PROVIDES SIMULTANEOUS CONTROL FOR MULTIPLE HYDRAULIC EQUIPMENT
A power package capable of controlling several types of hydraulic components individually or simultaneously and at various controlled hydraulic pressures and flow rates has been developed at the Naval Civil Engineering Laboratory. Developed for operating hydraulic equipment for the Navy's portable pier system, the power package can power hydraulic rams, motors, jacks, accumulators, and cylinders. A diesel engine drives a variable-displacement hydraulic pump capable of output pressures to 3,000 psi. The power package is self-propelled and steerable. In addition, it is designed for simple maintenance and repair through the use of modular panel subplate-mounted control valves, reusable fittings, flexible hose, and ample space for removal of various components.
Navy Technology Transfer SheetNaval Surface Weapons Center
Dahlgren, VA USA 22448
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Pagination: n.p.
- Volume: 5
- Issue Number: 10
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic equipment; Hydraulic transmissions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hydraulic machinery
- Old TRIS Terms: Auxiliary machinery; Hydraulic drives
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323288
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM