STATUS OF DEEP-SEA RO/RO SERVICES
SECTION 1 of the Study starts with a discussion of the introduction of the Ro/Ro concept to deep-sea trades, examining its early development and its role in solving port congestion. In SECTION 2 the characteristics of the current Ro/Ro fleet are analysed, with information supplied on flag, age capacity and type, while in SECTION 3 the current status of Ro/Ro vessels in major trades is examined. Within SECTION 4 the economics of Ro/Ro is examined particularly in relation to competing transport systems, this leads on finally to the future prospects of Ro/Ro which are discussed in SECTION 5.
HPD Shipping Publications34 Brook Street, Mayfair
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Fleet management; Port congestion; Roll on roll off shipping; Roll on roll off ships; Shipping; Statistics; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ro/ro); Fleet statistics; Ro/ro traffic; Shipping trends; Trade analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00323242
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Study No. 87
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM