ACCIDENTS AND SERIOUS INCIDENTS TO CIVIL AIRCRAFT DUE TO BIRDSTRIKES
The Paper contains detailed histories of accidents and serious incidents e.g. double engine ingestion, holed airframe, for the years 1981 to 1983. An attachment contains a summary of all fatal accidents due to bird strikes between 1912 and 1980. The paper is divided into three groups: (1) transport aeroplanes over 5700kg (12,500lb) and executive jets; (2) aeroplanes below 5700kg; and (3) helicopters. No attempt has been made to analyses the information although it is apparent that for transport aeroplanes the critical area is engines and for light aeroplanes and helicopters the windshield may be critical.
- Also available: Proceedings, Conference and Training Workshop on Wildlife Hazards to Aircraft. NTIS AD-A148330.
Civil Aviation Authority, EnglandSafety Data and Analysis Unit
- Publication Date: 1984-5-25
- TRT Terms: Air; International transportation; Safety and security; Transportation safety
- Subject Areas: Materials;
- Accession Number: 00321492
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR
- Created Date: May 31 1985 12:00AM