HIGHWAY PERFORMANCE MONITORING SYSTEM (HPMS)
Each State's HPMS dataset includes universe data containing a small amount of information for each highway in the State, together with additional data on physical characteristics and performance for sample roadway sections within the State. The sample data are statistically valid for each functional classification for rural, small urban, and urbanized areas. Principal reports are the Biennial Report to Congress and the annual "Highway Statistics" publication. The data are also used to respond to questions raised by DOT, other government agenicies, and the private sector on the Nation's highway system. HPMS is the only available mileage-based dataset, providing data to meet the day-to-day needs of FHWA.
- Record URL:
- State highway agencies inventory their highway system and annually furnish the data to FHWA on magnetic tape.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Accession Number: 00321435
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, NTL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1983 12:00AM