MOTOR CARRIER CENSUS IDENTIFICATION
This system contains data, such as name, address, type and area of operation, commodities (including hazardous materials transported), compliance ratings, numbers of vehicles and drivers used, mileage operated, and audit dates for approximately 190,000 interstate motor carriers subject to BMCS jurisdiction. In addition to the FHWA headquarters and field offices, this system is accessed by RSPA, The Military Traffic Management Command of the U.S. Army, and the Interstate Commerce Commission to obtain safety ratings of carriers from this system. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (49 CFR 385-399) and Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR 170-179) are applicable to motor carrier operations and carriers of hazardous materials.
- Data are derived from prescribed report form (MCS-32A) prepared by Federal Government personnel based on interviews or correspondence with officials of motor carriers entities.
Bureau of Motor Carrier Safety1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Freight traffic; Highways; Safety and security; Transportation safety
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00321431
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Daily
- Files: TSR, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1983 12:00AM