CALCULATION FROM VORTEX THEORY OF THE ACTION OF A PROPELLER DURING PITCHING OF A VESSEL ( K RASCHETU PO VIKHREVOI TEORII DEISTVIYA GREBNOGO VINTA PRI KACHKE SUDRA )
This paper sets forth the basic results of an approximate vortex theory of a propeller operating under conditions of pitching of a vessel with large immersion, and a practical method of hydrodynamical propeller calculation with the necessary graphs and tables based on this theory.
- Translated from Tsentralnyi Nauchnoissledovatelskii Institut Morskogo Flota. Trudy ( USSR ) P71-97 1966, by R. Thurston
Department of the NavyWashington, DC USA
- Lipis, V B
- Publication Date: 1968-5
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Performance; Propellers; Ship motion; Vortices
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller performance; Vortex theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00002201
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRANS-2611
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM