SOUTHERN PRACIFIC'S WEST COLTON YARD
This paper contains a description of the design and operation of a digital computer controlled automatic railroad freight car classification yard on the Southern Pacific at West Colton, California. The information includes site selection, physical layout, capacity requirements, operating parameters and procedures as well as the application of dual digital computers for process control and interface with a management information computer 500 miles away for car inventory.
- A paper recommended by the IEEE Land Transportation Committee of the IEEE Industry Applications Society for presentation at the 1974 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Conference, Pittsburgh, Pa., April 2-4, 1974.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Young, F E
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Hump yards; Information systems; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Signaling; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Yard and terminal information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00054013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 3 1975 12:00AM