FOREIGN TRADE PROJECTIONS
Commodity data is obtained from census tapes, SA305 for imports and SA705 for exports. The file contains over 350 time series (1967-1975) aggregated into 41 import and export groups with common economic characteristics. MARAD micro models are evaluated. Results show that all but a few export equations are good. Also, the reliability of the forecasts diminish consideably a more detailed forecasts are made relative to highly aggregated forecasts. The administration produces long term forecasts for major import ad export commodity groups which extend from 1976 to 2000, in five year intervals. Computer printouts contain projections of commodity flows by 65 major trade routes and by 19 world trading regions.
- ADP Storage: Machine readable files.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Databases; Economic forecasting; Exports; Forecasting; Foreign; Freight traffic; Imports; International trade; Mathematical models; Statistics; Trade; Trade routes; Transportation; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Trade forecasts; Trade route statistics; Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00320887
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM