Areas in which iron ore is mined in the U.S. and Canada are defined, and gross tons of production and shipments are shown for each area. Statistics are also included on receipts, consumption and inventories at iron and steel plants by production and consuming areas (groups of states and Canada); Imports and exports; Shipments from loading docks destined to the great lakes; and production of pig iron and steel. A directory shows the name and address of mining companies. (Commodity production, commodity consumption, and shipper attributes).
American Iron Ore AssociationBulkley Building, 1501 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH United States 44115
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Commodities; Directories; Exports; Freight traffic; Imports; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Iron ores; Ore carriers; Ores; Physical distribution; Statistics; Steel plants; Trade
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk cargo statistics; Bulk ore; Commodity statistics; Ore traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00320809
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM