BEA-TO-BEA BULK COMMODITY FLOW TAPE
The tapes project flows of 19 commodity groups between 171 BEA economic areas by 6 modes from a base year (1972) to 1975, 1980, and 1990. The projections are based on OBERS Series E projections of regional economic activity. The interregional flows of commodities are divided into two major groups: Bulk, and processed/manufactured. The bulk commodity grouping accounts for 80% of the intercity tonnage carried by rail, water, and pipeline. The base year bulk commodity flow data base was developed under contract by Jack Faucett Associates. BEA-to-BEA commodity flows by mode have been extracted from a variety of sources.
- ADP Storage: Available as 2 tapes, 9 track, 800 BPI, ASCII. Projections are based on OBERS Series E projections of regional economic activity.
Input Output Computer Services, Incorporated400 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA United States 02154
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Commodities; Commodity flow; Competition; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Intermodal transportation; Mathematical models; Modal split; Modems; Origin and destination; Sets; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation modes
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk traffic; Commodity flow patterns; Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00320801
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM